Welcome to Hive Collaborative’s First Aid Course for Primary School Staff.
As a member of the staff at your school you will not only need to look after the children in your care but you will also need to be able to look after your colleagues. This course combines the Emergency Paediatric first aid course and the Emergency First Aid at Work course enabling you to act confidently if ever you had to deal with an emergency situation at school whether it was child or adult.
Please see below an overview of the course content:
- The role of the first aider, including the importance of preventing cross-infection, the need for recording incidents and actions, use of available equipment
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to an adult, child and infant who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiovascular resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) to and adult, child and infant
- Administer first aid to an adult, child and infant who is choking
- Administer first aid to an adult, child and infant who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to an adult, child and infant who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scald, small splinters)
Course duration is 7 hours. This can be completed during one of your school training days or as 2 after school sessions. We can also provide this training as Blended Learning where you can complete an online module prior to your face-to face course which reduces the face-to-face element to 5 hours (or 2 x 2.5 hours after school).
Cost per person is £85 but we can offer a discount based on the numbers that will be attending. Please get in touch for a quote.